SIBU: Phase Two of the Bantuan Prihatin Nasional (BPN) payment at Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) which started on Monday, went off without incident here with most recipients pleased with the better crowd control.
This was unlike the first few days of Phase One last month when more than 500 recipients congested the area around BSN as they were misled by fake news that the payment was only for the first three days.
Sibu OCPD Asst Comm Stanley Jonathan Ringgit who was there to supervise the crowd control was also a happy man.
“Today I saw for myself that the situation is under control and orderly. Four Rela (People’s Volunteer Corps) members were also there to help with crowd control,” he said when contacted.
ACP Stanley said police were also at the scene to advise the people to practise social distancing when queuing for their turn.
The bank only allowed 10 people into its premises due to movement control order (MCO), but the crowd outside the bank, some of whom turned up as early as 4am, lined up patiently.
A Rela officer said there was no chaos as all recipients for the aid followed their instructions.
“All recipients were given a queue number to wait their
turn to get into the bank. However elderly recipients and pregnant women were given priority to enter the bank first,” he added.
Source: The Star